Pre-install required space

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 at 14:57, Joey Hess wrote about "weekly policy summary":

> A pre-install required space checking mechanism for Debian packages
> (#37999)
>   * Stalled for 2 weeks.
>   * Proposed on 19 May 1999 by Manoj Srivastava.
>   * The idea is to enable tools like apt to check if a set of packages
>     will fit on a disk, taking various partitions into account. This
>     will require adding something like the output of du to the package
>     or to the Packages file or to a new file that can be downloaded.
>     The details are still being hashed out.

I will second this, simply because I like features and this one certainly
can't hurt. I think it should be an option though (to save the time
involved in processing) for those of us who *know* we have enough disk
space available.

--
Brock Rozen                                              brozen@torah.org
Director of Technical Services                             (410) 602-1350