Re: Why was exim selcted as the default MTA?

Marc,

	1. Your statement that local addresses are only place holders is
not universally true. I can conceive of situations where the local account
is used actively for local mail as well as for external mail. At small
companies for instance, there could be just one or two people with
external email access, and these people would also communicate with their
coworkers via local email.

	2.  There are no specific reasons why I need this to work right
now correctly, other than that this is the right thing to do.

	3.  As I mentioned in my original post, conditional rewriting will
_not_ fix the problem. How would it handle the case when a mail destined
for an external address is also CC'd to a local address? Note that the
exim FAQ itself offers the multiple exim daemon situation as a solution to
this problem.

Jor-el