Re: KDE liscence question

On 11 Jun 1999, John Hasler wrote:
> > If "major components" are defined that way, we can distribute kde with
> > debian, because it then only links against a major component (qt), which
> > is allowed. Since kde is distributed as single bz2/rpm/deb files and qt
> > is distributed by Troll, qt doesnt count as acompaning kde.
>
> If Qt and KDE are on the same CD they are being distributed together.

Then we should distribute KDE on second CD.
Really.

The best solution might be to distribute KDE as non-US part of Debian.
Many of european vendors distribute non-US on separate CD. Why
couldn't we do the same with KDE?

/pub/debian/dists/potato/kde/binary-i386/...
apt ftp://kde.debian.org ...

etc.

--

Piotr "Dexter" Roszatycki