Re: KDE liscence question

Goswin Brederlow wrote:

>               defining main as the major components of the Debian
> system, which they are anyway, is the right thing in my view.
> If "major components" are defined that way, we can distribute kde with
> debian, because it then only links against a major component (qt),
> which is allowed. Since kde is distributed as single bz2/rpm/deb files
> and qt is distributed by Troll, qt doesnt count as acompaning kde.
> All of this of causes needs a qt in main.

I don't understand.  If Qt2 is in main, then KDE can't be in main
using the "major components" clause, because we'd be distributing
them together in main, on the same CD.

--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada