Re: KDE liscence question

I think you may have missed the point on this one(no offense intended).  The
thing that makes qt go into Debian has been a RESTRICTION on redistribution.
ANY restriction on redistribution of both source and binaries will cause
a conflict with the Debian philosophy, so will be removed.  If qt2 allows for
the re-distribution without special license of both source and binaries, then I
expect it will be added, and KDE following shortly after.  If qt2 is freely
available, but not in source format, or there is any restrictions, it won't be.
This is based on my understanding of this issue.  It is also a reason why gated,
a program that has both source and binaries available for free, but restrictions
placed on redistribution that prevent it from becomming a part of the
distribution.  It's something that merit is doing for a valid reason, but that
doesn't help us allow it to become a part of Debian, even if we DID pay the
license.

							Dave Bristel