[PAM] Not working right for imap

All of a sudden I'm having problems with PAM support in my imap package.
I could have sworn it was working before.

Any way the /etc/pam.d file looks like this:

#%PAM-1.0

auth     required       pam_unix_auth.so shadow nullok debug
auth	 required	pam_nologin.so
account	 required	pam_unix_acct.so debug

The app is linked with -lpam.  But I can't login!  In the log I get:

PAM unable to resolve symbol pam_sm_acct_mgmt

This symbol is in pam_unix_acct.so according to strings. What is going on?
The version of libpam0g is 0.66-9.1

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>