Re: [PROPOSED] Swap the "open" and "official" versions of the new logo

Quoting Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>:

> Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

[snip first part on swirled CD]

> > However - there's nothing stopping us or anyone from using the open use
> form
> > of the logo on an official debian cd!
>
> That does make the whole thing a little pointless though, don't you think ?

Not really, IMHO. As someone else pointed out (Joey?), the official Debian
will only be used in few rare places: The debian web pages and the official
CD, and maybe as a part of official T-Shirts/Hat (;). However, the
unofficial logo will be used anywhere else. "Kewl! This is the one who
suck less!" You can take it an make it on any Debian-related product,
pages, desktop, etc. The only thing you can't do is to put a genie bottle
under it. "I don't car, dude! It sucks!" Good for you, then. So, I'm
not for swapping the logos. The debian image will be the one of the swirl,
the bottle being used like a seal of approval - which means rarely. And
even if not used that much, people will recognize from being Debian,
because it also as the swirl in it.

Now, I would just like to see if Corel will use this swirl in the logo for
the CLD :)

> Cheers, Phil.

Regards,

Fabien Ninoles        Chevalier servant de la Dame Catherine des Rosiers
aka Corbeau aka le Veneur                    Debian GNU/Linux maintainer
E-mail:                                                    fab@tzone.org
WebPage:                                    http://www.tzone.org/~fabien
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70