Re: KDE liscence question

*John Travers wrote:
> We can't KDE go into non-free, Qt is in there?
> I've read all the debian-kde-stance pages but I still don't see why this is so.
	Search the debian-devel archives.  There are probably hundreds of
messages on this.   Short answer:  KDE contains some GPL'd code, which links
with non-free Qt and this is not allowed by the GPL.  Qt  is merely
non-free,  but KDE is illegal. But we should not discuss this much here, as
the archives contain  many ellaborations of what I just said.

--
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>,  lapeyre@debian.org