Re: libc6-dev and "-pedantic -O" warnings

On Sun, 6 Jun 1999, David Starner wrote:

> In theory, the non-ANSI features are only turned on when compiling under
> GNU C. (In practice, GLibc only builds on systems that primarily use GCC,
> so no one usually tries it under other compilers.)

For the longest time glibc was very carefull to protect its non-ansi
constructs with #ifdef blocks that detected when the compiler went into
strict ansi mode. I would bet that Manoj's problem is a genuine glibc bug
that should be fixed. Search the headers from STRICT_ANSI

The reason the compiler docs recommend not using -ansi and -pendantic is
likely because it decreases the effeciency of the resulting binary (by
using less speedy C library constructs)

Jason