Re: ITP: libfestival-client-perl

On Mon, May 31, 1999 at 08:28:36PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Does this require that festival be run in server mode? Running festival in
> sever mode is a huge security hole, you can enter arbitrary scheme code to
> fiddle with files on the system, for example. It might not be a good idea to

Ugh.  Yes, it does.

> package something that requires the user open a gigantic security hole on
> their system to be useful.

Now that you mention it, it's probably not a very good idea, then.  The
module itself is so incredibly trivial as to be pretty much useless anyway.
Your script has much more functionality :-)

WNPP: I guess this counts as a retraction of ITP.

> I have a simple perl program written that runs as a wrapper around festival
> in tts mode, accepts multiple clients, and says whatever any of them feed
> into it. I've attached that.

Cool.

--
dhd@maclinux.plcom.on.ca (wearing my Linux/m68k+Mac+Debian hat)