Re: gdm fails to start

> Hello,
>
> I tried to install the gdm debian package from slink.  When booting
> I've got the message:
>
> Starting GNOME Display Manager: gdm_config_parse: Xdmcp disabled and no local servers defined. Aborting!
> gdm.
>
> What can I do to solve this problem?

I dont think this is the rigth ML for your mail.. debian-user is probably the right one.

To your problem, in the /etc/gdm.conf file there is three lines like this:

[servers]
#0=/usr/bin/X11/X
#1=/usr/bin/X11/X

Change to this instead:

[servers]
0=/usr/bin/X11/X
#1=/usr/bin/X11/X

I believe that the installation of gdm points out that you should "fix" this yourself because gdm isnt 100% safe, it can crash and so on.

/Marcus