Re: lsh 0.1 released (gpl'ed ssh)

"J.H.M. Dassen" <jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

> There are quite a few things to be done that do not require cryptography
> expertise (e.g. documentation, most of the work on identifying
> interoperability issues with SSH2, implementing some features). The core
> crypto code of lsh is well-tested (it comes from Pike mostly). The SSH2
> protocol is quite modular, so deep knowledge of crypto isn't required.

Do you happen to know what the deal is as far as being contaminated by
having seen ssh code ?  Are they trying to ensure clean room
conditions as far as the ssh code is concerneted ?  I've seen a fair
amount of the ssh v1.2 code (being it's Debian maintainer), but the
only bit of ssh v2 I've read is the license.  Does that mean I'm OK ?

On a related subject, has anyone else looked at packaging lsh?

I started on it, then it occured to me that I might be unable to
contribute to lsh without opening them up to claims of copyright
infringment from SSH Communications Security Ltd.

Cheers, Phil.