Re: Time to rewrite dpkg
- To: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Time to rewrite dpkg
- From: Goswin Brederlow <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 01 Jun 1999 11:13:31 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho's message of "Fri, 28 May 1999 00:16:21 +0300"
- References: <19990520005059.A8899@jester.vip.net.pl> <199905192251.RAA13182@bambuca.cs.wustl.edu> <19990520010346.A8976@jester.vip.net.pl> <19990520202626.G280@magma.alg.ruhr-uni-bochum.de> <19990520204700.P16060@jester.vip.net.pl> <19990520210333.J280@magma.alg.ruhr-uni-bochum.de> <19990526123104.B6932@maxime.u-strasbg.fr> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <19990527113355.I10746@perlsupport.com> <email@example.com> <19990528001621.G1533@ugh.jyu.fi.invalid>
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 01:03:16PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
> > C++ is an *excellent* language, in many respects, but it does have
> > problems. It's huge, tricky, confusing, designed-by-committee, and
> Designed by committee? My understanding of the matters is completely
> opposite. I was under the impression that the language was designed by one
> man (Bjarne Stroustrup) and that one man, Bjarne Stroustrup himself led the
> extension group in the standardisation process.
Actually Stroustrup designed C++ for just one reason, he wanted to use
Simula, but his boss wouldn`t let him. :)
May the Source be with you.