Re: Add "nice -10" to /etc/crontab run-parts commands?

On Sat, May 29, 1999 at 05:36:01PM -0400, James R. Van Zandt wrote:
> No, I think Debian should set this by default, or even "nice 20".
>
> I figure that
>   (1) most users will not even be aware of the option,
>   (2) if they did know about it, they would prefer to run the daily
> jobs at a lower priority,
>   (3) they would appreciate not having to figure out how to set it up
> for themselves, and
>   (4) people who would prefer something different are likely to know
> how to set it up.

5. Lots of people who run their boxes at home use anacron, and it
would be nice to have the big jobs run without disturbing the user
much.  Anacron runs all the unrun jobs shortly after booting up, just
when you are loggin in and getting going... Anything to help this out
would be good.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton            <   Sors immanis - et inanis - rota tu volubilis,
davidw@prosa.it            >  status malus - vana salus - semper dissolubilis,