    Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 23:05:15 -0400 (EDT)
    From: "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu>
    Subject: Re: ttyS* lockfiles

       How much longer will the cua devices last?

    I don't know.  Unfortunately none of the big distributions took the hint
    when Linux 2.2 came out.  They're still using the cua devices, and the
    FSF shellutils maintainer is lame and *still* hasn't taken the stty
    patches I sent him almost two years ago now.

    So unfortunately it may be a long time before we can get rid of the cua
    devices.  What I'll probably do is remove interlocking functionality of
    the cua/ttyS devices, and leave the /dev/cua as a way of accessing the
    device without having to open the device with the O_NBLOCK flag.

    							- Ted
    ----- End forwarded message -----

    Gruss
    Bernd
}

>From what i can recall i have never used a cua* device on debian. All the
defaults and examples were already using the ttyS* devices.

--
   ____  Justin N. Penney               __      _