Re: xconfigurator

On Thu, 27 May 1999, Stephen Crowley wrote:

> On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 12:54:39AM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Back in jaunary, both of you expressed intent to do some work in getting
> > xconfigurator into debian. What became of that project?
>
> I've been messing around with it a little bit but it is going to require a
> bit of work unless we end up packaging redhat's mouseconfig and kbconfig
> stuff too. I need to talk to someone on -admin and see about getting it put
> into cvs today..

Hi guys. You may or may not know that there is a commercial linux distro
based on debian underway. We will be releasing most of the code under
the GPL. Here's some preliminary code that detects pci devices, takes
their class and  tries to do something with that information. For
example loading the right ethernet module, finding the appropriate
xserver and so on.

Take a look:
ftp://raw.netnation.com/rgwood/*
In particular shs/detectors/pci/shs_detect_pci

It builds on my slink machine, YMMV. :>

| R Garth Wood                    | Storm Linux: Taking Linux by storm. |
| Stormix Technologies Inc.       |                                     |
| rgwood@stormix.com              |                                     |