Re: PROPOSAL: automatic installation and configuration

Or, an easier idea is to do an install with a --noconfig(does no-act do this?)
or something that would delay the configuration of packages.  THEN, we can set
up whatever other tools that would allow us to configure these packages, either
through a GUI, ncurses, or interactive text message.  The new tools would then
set the "configured" flag we already have in each package.  The dpkg --configure
is obviously there to allow for packages that have not been configured.  I
havn't looked TOO closely at the package structure in a while, but it seems this
would make it MUCH easier to install for newbies.  What do you think?

						Dave Bristel