Re: ITP: file2

Hi,

Wed, 26 May 1999 21:37:01 -0700, Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> wrote about Re: ITP: file2 (<[🔎] 19990526213701.C20035@kitenet.net>):
joey> Kenshi Muto wrote:
joey> > file(1) doesn't check "which KANJI code file uses?", so it only
joey> > reports "ASCII text (with escape sequences)" on file using KANJI
joey> > character.
joey>
joey> My question was, could /etc/magic or /usr/share/misc/magic have lines added
joey> to detect these files?

Hmm...,
I seem it is not easy because check is rather complex.
I'll try modify magic file but maybe I can't do without change source
of file command ... :-(

If anyone have any idea, please teach me.

file2 source package can be got from
ftp://ftp.debian.or.jp/debian-jp/dists/unstable-jp/main/source/
--
Kenshi Muto
kmuto@debian.org