ITP: dviselect

Hi,

I intend to upload package "dviselect".
Dviselect is specific pages from a TeX DVI file.This software is a part
from seetex.

Package: dviselect
Version: 2.19-4
Section: tex
Architecture: i386
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1)
  Dviselect selects pages from a DVI file, creating a new DVI file.
  The package xdvik-ja uses dviselect for printing out a piece of
  the DVI file.

License:
------------------- from here --------------------
Copyright:
The following is quoted from Imakefile
/*
 * Copyright 1989 Dirk Grunwald
 *
 * Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software
 * and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee,
 * provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that
 * both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in
 * supporting documentation, and that the name of Dirk Grunwald or M.I.T.
 * not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of
 * the software without specific, written prior permission.  Dirk
 * Grunwald and M.I.T. makes no representations about the suitability of
 * this software for any purpose.  It is provided "as is" without express
 * or implied warranty.
 *
 * DIRK GRUNWALD AND M.I.T. DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS
 * SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
 * FITNESS, IN NO EVENT SHALL M.I.T.  BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT
 * OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS
 * OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE
 * OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE
 * OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
 *
 * Author:
 *      Dr. Dirk Grunwald
 *      Dept. of Computer Science
 *      Campus Box 430
 *      Univ. of Colorado, Boulder
 *      Boulder, CO 80309
 *
 *      grunwald@colorado.edu
 *
 */

The following is quoted from Dviselect/dviselect.c
/*
 * Copyright (c) 1987, 1989 University of Maryland
 * Department of Computer Science.  All rights reserved.
 * Permission to copy for any purpose is hereby granted
 * so long as this copyright notice remains intact.
 */
that is no problem because of the author's mail,
> Can I use the former copyright to distribute the dviselect and
> dviconcat and so on? Or, would you change the copyright of them?

Hi - yes, you can distribute that part. I forgot to modify the
copyrights, although I had discussed it with the author at one point.

Dirk Grunwald                 Assoc. Prof, Univ. of Colorado at Boulder
that "the former" says Grunwald's copyright.

This package is moved from Debian-JP, so the version starts 2.19-4.
In Debian-JP, this package was sectioned "main", is there any problem
on copyright?
--
Kenshi Muto
kmuto@debian.org