Re: Paying CD vendors for freebies

On May 25, renfro@tntech.edu wrote:
> On a related note, is my count off, or do we really only *need* to give
> out 2 CDs for most architectures? Granted, having source and contrib CDs
> on hand is nice and/or politically correct, but are they really necessary
> as freebies?

The complete Debian *main* binary distribution is around 835 MB for
Intel; a CD can hold 650 MB.  Not including the install hierarchy,
etc.  So two discs are necessary, even for main.

[These are slink figures; potato will doubtless be bigger.]

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence        |             The Linux/m68k FAQ             |
|   <quango@watervalley.net>   |   http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html   |
|    Amiga A4000 604e/233Mhz   |     Are you tired of politics as usual?    |
|     with Linux/APUS 2.2.3    |             http://www.lp.org/             |