Re: VA Research and linux.com

On 19-May-99 Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:
> Joseph Carter proclaimed:
>> Not to mention the longstanding rumors that "soon" Debian will be offered
>> on VA's machines..
>
> I thought VA already did Debian installs "on request".

Sort of.  And Debian was dropped mainly because it was cheaper to support one
installation than several.  Yes, they too use a pre-built image.  I have had a
few long talks with people there about this at the Expo last weekend.  The "we
hate Debian's install so screw them" was mostly a red herring.

Yes, the future is VERY cool for Debian.  Wish I could say more.