Re: Source-depends?

On Sat, May 22, 1999 at 05:05:10PM -0400, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> Some of these can be detected automatically (#5 could be discovered with a
> grep on debian/rules, for example), but some can't.

So, what's the problem?  We don't autodetect all of binary dependencies
either.  Maintainers generally know what they need to build their packages;
it should be trivial for them to list the dependencies explicitly!

Besides, if source dependencies were completely autodetectable, we wouldn't
need them.

                      Good Times are back again!
                  http://www.iki.fi/gaia/zangelding/