Re: Paying CD vendors for freebies

On Sat, May 22, 1999 at 11:24:59AM -0400, shaleh@clifford.livenet.net wrote:
> > Would you say then that paying for a big booth is NOT worth a lot of
> > money but paying for a big enough stack of CDs that people who want them
> > can have them is?
>
> Between linux central and cheap bytes the debian booths at ALS and Linux Expo
> (in October and currently) have given us like 1000 cds.  We then tell people
> to buy them from those people.  We both gain.

Yes, but we tend to run out quickly, too quickly.  A bit of reference,
CD's (usually a CD sells for about US$2, they cost US$.43 to make last
time I checked---for a run of 1000), well their donations are pretty
significant.  500 sets, 4 CDs a set, that adds up.

What I'm wondering is if we could make arrangements with them for
something that would involve us paying for some of the CDs so we'd have
more.  At LinuxWorld, we really did not have enough to go around and the
ones we had were gone in 30 minutes.

<jgoerzen> doogie: you sound highly unstable :-)
<Knghtbrd> jgoerzen - he is.
* doogie bops Knghtbrd
<Knghtbrd> see?  Resorting to violence =D