Re: Source-depends?

On Sat, May 22, 1999 at 04:38:21AM +0930, Ron wrote:
> as well as a way to auto-detect these dependancies

We don't autodetect binary dependencies either (apart from the
shared library dependencies, for which it is easy).  Why should
we do that for source dependencies?  I can tell you offhand *without
automatic detection*, what is needed to build my packages - and that's
something every one of us should be able to do for their own packages.

If we have an implementation of source dependencies for the unpack-build
time, I'd say we're ready to standardise an interface in the policy.
Policy need not mandate the use of source dependencies at this time,
but a standardised way of specifying them should be available,
so we get experience from real use.

                      Good Times are back again!
                  http://www.iki.fi/gaia/zangelding/