Re: Real releases G2 player alpha

Larry 'Daffy' Daffner wrote:
> For those of you who haven't seen yet, the Linux Real player G2 alpha
> is out, and it works just fine with the latest potato bits. You can
> get it at http://www.real.com/products/player/linux.html - I grabbed
> the Red Had 5.2/6.0 version and installed with alien (the generic
> linux package comes as a binary installer, and is almost 2x the size).

The debian installer is uploaded, and uses the rpm. The only advantage over
using alien is you get:

a) a clean upgrade path from the older package, and an easy upgrade to
   the next version when it comes out.
b) registered with mime
c) menu support
d) eventual bug fixes if the bugs are things I can work around.

--
see shy jo