Re: intent to package pa-risc stuff

At 14:56 -0400 1999-05-18, Ben Collins wrote:
On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 01:45:04PM -0500, Justin Maurer wrote:
well, for the cross compilers, i'm doing /usr/lib/parisc-xxx
e.g,
/usr/bin/parisc-egcs
/usr/bin/parisc-as
etc.

You should really use standard gnu style, such as parisc-linux-{gcc,as,ld,...}
and /usr/parisc-linux/{lib,bin,include}/

I might add that the tools do that automagically when configured in a host != target configuration.

Please don't upload a package that would create confusion in the naming scheme
that most people are used to.

And do not use a cpu name that config.sub does not understand, the GNU tools use "hppa" throughout, changing it will require that we patch every config.guess and config.sub in the source packages that use autoconf.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>