Re: Emacs, RMS and sex(6)

On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 08:21:20PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> > The funny manpages (sex, condom, etc) are already in funny-manpages.
> > They probably should NOT be in emacs.
>
> Hm, here's something interesting. Funny-manpages and sex (the editor) both
> install a sex.1 manpage, in /usr/man and /usr/X11R6/man, respectively. Man
> seems to display the /usr/X11R6/man one in preference to the other. Unless
> you use man -a, the funny-man pages page is hidden and there's no way to
> bring it up. man 1 sex and man x sex both show the X11R6 page.
>
> This seems a little broken.

The emacs page is in section 6..  Maybe the funny manpages version should
move to section 6 as well?

This is the solution to Debian's problem .. and since the only real way
to create more relatives of developers is to have children, we need more
sex!  It's a long term investment ... it's the work itself that is
satisfying!
        -- Craig Brozefsky