Re: Old Library dependencies Re: Release Plans (19990513)

Hartmut Koptein wrote:
> > >   Remove as many dependencies on old libraries as possible, this
> > >   includes:
> > >
> > >     libjpegg6a, libncurses3.4, newt0.25, libpgsql, tk4.2, tcl7.6,
> > >     libwraster1, libpng0g
> > >
> > >   and various older gtk/gnome libraries.
> >
> > Lintian has a "depends-on-obolete-package" tag.  I will add newt0.25,
> > libpgsql, tk4.2, tcl7.6, libwraster1, and libpng0g to its list.
> > This way, the Lintian page for that tag will form a useful index.
>
> Why not  libjpegg6a and libncurses3.4?

I didn't have to add them, they were already there :)

> What about  xbase, emacs19, altgcc, freetype1, libc5, libg++27, libpaper,
> tclx76  and possible some more?

Most of those aren't obsolete in this sense.  emacs19 is still standard!
There's also no point in adding packages that aren't in the distribution
anymore, since they will show up in the dependency check.  But I'll add
xbase.

Richard Braakman