Re: Intent to pollute namespace: standards

On Sun, May 16, 1999 at 01:35:35PM -0400, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>    > I'm splitting the GNU autoconf package into two packages, `autoconf'
>    > and `standards', where `autoconf' contains autoconf proper and
>    > `standards' includes the GNU coding and package maintenance standards.
>    >
>    > Objections?
>
>    How about gnu-standards?
>
> That was the other name I was considering.

My vote on gnu-standards too.

I am amazed that no-one's based a commercial distribution on Debian yet -
it is by far the most solid UNIX-like OS I've ever installed, and I've
played with HP/UX, Solaris, FreeBSD, BSDi, and SCO (not to mention OS/2,
Novell, Win95/NT)
        -- Nathan Norman