Re: ITP: bg5ps

On Sun, May 16, 1999 at 03:02:00AM +0800, Anthony Wong wrote:
> The package 'bg5ps' is ready for upload:

You know I download my email every 5 minutes and scroll though it. It's
bothersome to see an intent-to-package come in at the same time as the
upload announcement.

The reason for anouncing ITP is so that if there is some one working on
it already they can speak up and work out some sort of collaboration or
what have you. Please, people, give some time between ITP announcements
and uploading (atleast 1 day, preferebly 2). It's this very thing that
makes it so hard to maintain wnpp in it's current state.

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>                        Debian GNU/Linux
OpenLDAP Dev - bcollins@openldap.org     The Choice of the GNU Generation