Re: GPG as a PGP replacement

On Thu, 13 May 1999, Marco d'Itri wrote:

>  >PGP 2.x compatible signatures can be generated using this command:
>  >  gpg --rfc-1991 -a --clearsign foo.txt

> AFAIK this is not needed. The only compatibility options I have in my
> ~/.gnupg/options file are:

I was unable to make it work without the --rfc-1991 argument <shrug>

>  >Note: You cannot pipe input to gpg and get a PGP 2.x compatible sig.
> I do that for it.* CFVs and I'm quite sure the signatures can be
> verified with PGP 2.x.
> If anyone cares I can provide my generic GPG.pm module for signing and
> verifying.

Well, I tried many many times and went so far as to ask on the mailing
list (was told it wouldn't work), never once was I able to make gpg create
a signature that pgp 2.6 would accept using a pipe. You might want to
double check that your sigs do work..

Jason