Re: GPG as a PGP replacement

Hi

Ship's Log, Lt. Jason Gunthorpe, Stardate 120599.2134:

> Hi all,
>
> I have been doing some reasearch here and I have been able to determine
> that right now GPG represents (with the non-free RSA and IDEA modules) a
> functional replacement for PGP 2.x for both checking signatures and
> creating signatures.
>
> It is remarkably easy to do, I am surprised that someone else has not
> mentioned it.. Put this in your .gnupg/options file:
>
> load-extension rsa
> load-extension idea
> keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.pgp
> keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.gpg
> keyring /home/jgg/.pgp/pubring.pgp
> secret-keyring /home/jgg/.pgp/secring.pgp

oops .. have you looked at the debian gpg?
It is actually a script callin gpg.gnupg (the binary) with exactly these
options (except the debian-keyring)

Greetings
--
Alexander N. Benner   Nikodemus@innocent.com   #Ixthys #Darmstadt #LinuxGer
The grit in your eye soon enters your heart            Anne Clark