Re: /lib/libNoVersion.so.1

On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 10:03:22AM -0400, Randolph Chung wrote:

>> I have just had this file appear on my system.  It is a broken link and
>> "dpkg -S" doesn't tell me anything about it.  It appeared when I
>> installed about a dozen of the latest potato packages yesterday...
>>
>> Does anyone know what it is about?
>
> Most likely you installed a package from redhat that is converted with
> alien. afaik, that's a redhat library, not a part of debian.

Hmm.  The only Red Hat package that I've messed with is the Voodoo Banshee
version of the the XF86_SVGA server, but for it I only used alien to make a
tgz file from which I extracted a few files by hand.  Nevertheless, I have
seen the same link as the original poster.  I, too, am curious about the
origin of this link, but I am inclined to think that your hypothesis is not
most likely the answer.

--
Thomas E. Vaughan                          vaughan@mail.nhn.ou.edu
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy               home:   (405) 366-8721