Re: Release Plans (1999-05-10)

*Aaron Van Couwenberghe wrote:
> Anybody remember the old slackware adage? The kernel can load its root FS
> (compressed or not) from a separate floppy. this would bring us up to a
> measly three floppies for floppy install. Besides, most ppl will be doing
> CD boots anway....
	I wouldn't mind installing from 2 or three floppies.  I think if
it has advantages, it's a good idea.
	There have been times when, for one reason or another, CD and
network installs were giving me problems, and I said 'screw it' and made 7
floppies from a neighboring DOS machine and installed from them.  For a
single machine it is relatively painless.
	John

--
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>,  lapeyre@debian.org