Re: Release Plans (1999-05-10)

I'm sorry about the tone, but I'm getting very sick of repeating myself
over and over.....

On Mon, May 10, 1999 at 08:26:19PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
<snip>
> I've been working with the previous perl5.005 package (the one that had
> been uploaded to slink and retracted after) and I did not have many
> problems. Many of them were only paths problems (that may not appear with the
> official perl5.005 package). And I've already filled
> some bugs against netbase and netstd so that the packages do not break
> when perl5.005 is uploaded. Some other packages may need little changes
> but that would not be a problem.

> I'll propose myself as coordinator for the perl5.005 upgrade (you did explain
> that you wanted a coordinator for each release goal).

I highly question your ability to fill this role as it is quite clear
that you have not been following the perl5.005 stuff, specificly the
debian-perl list and the massages on -devel before -perl existed about
how to attack it..

The current plan cleanly addresses the case of things ending up broken,
and the perl maintainer is a bit busy but spending his time working on
it instead of jumping up every thread where incorrect info is mentioned.

You may still be someone who could handle it, but PLEASE read the
archives first?

Zephaniah E. Hull..

<snip>