Re: Release Plans (1999-05-10)

At 19:06 +0200 1999-05-10, Richard Braakman wrote:
 * glibc 2.1 upgrade
As far as I know, this project is largely complete.  There are one or two
bugs left in the backward compatibility code, and there's the question
of what to do with /dev/pts.

No there isn't, /dev/pts is taken care of.

 * glibc 2.1 source compatibility
A larger task is to ensure that all packages still compile on a glibc
2.1 development system.  The sparc people may have a list of problem
packages.

Most problems in this area have been fixed by the combined effort of the sparc, arm, and powerpc porters.

However, many of the patches are sitting in the BTS and have yet to be applied.

 Potato Architectures:
As far as I know it will be the same set as in slink, i.e. i386, m68k,
sparc, and alpha.  If any other architectures want to make a release
they will have to decide soon.

powerpc wishes to try for potato.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>