Re: Freeze date for potato?

Steve Lamb wrote:
>     Gee, in 6 months I would have manually installed the latest version if I
> *really* needed it.

I'm not in the habit of having to go outside debian to find stuff I need. In
fact, I have no manually installed software on my system except minor tools
I've written. I think this helps me focus my energies on debian, getting any
changes I need into it (and I had more than enough experience dealing with
manually installed software in my slackware days).

Of course the downside is that when I can't help get something done, I'm
stuck without it. And I haven't been able to come up with any advice to help
the maintainer with what he's stuck on. Since the project in question is
just something I'd *like* to do, not immedialty needed or necessary to my
welfare, I've waited. And waited. Today I found myself compiling perl from
the tarball to see if problems I know of in the debian perl are fixed in it.
This disturbs me..

--
see shy jo