Re: Development machines (was KDE debs)

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

> Ok, now that a list has been compiled, I've set up a demo web page
> for it.  I'll run it by debian-www and it'll hopefully get put up on
> the website. You can preview it at
> http://kitenet.net/~joey/debian.org/devel/machines

Oh, um, it seemed like such a natural fit, and the leader blessed it,
so I've added it to the Developer's Reference.

SGML, to be uploaded in a sec, is included below.

If it does go on the web page, I might just pull it from
devlopers-reference, just out of my natural hatred for information
requiring double-maintainance.

      <sect id="other-machines">Other Debian Machines
There are other Debian machines which may be made available to you.
You can use these for Debian-related purposes as you see fit.  Please
be kind to system administrators, and do not use up tons and tons of
disk space, network bandwidth, or CPU without first getting the
approval of the local maintainers.  Usually these machines are run by
volunteers.  Generally, these machines are for porting activities.
Aside from the servers mentioned in <ref id="servers">, the following
machines are, or may be made, available to you.  If an email address
is listed, generally that person is the party to contact about issues
on the machine.  Otherwise, the machine is probably managed by
<email>debian-admin@debian.org</email>.

<taglist>
	    <item>
An Alpha; if you have an account on <tt>master</tt>, you probably
already have an account here.

	    <item>
A SPARC; if you have an account on <tt>master</tt>, you probably
already have an account here.

	    <item>
An i386; if you have an account on <tt>master</tt>, you probably
already have an account here.

	    <item>
An Alpha; you probably want to use <tt>faure</tt> instead, but you may
request an account from <email>debian-admin@debian.org</email>.

	    <item>
A PowerPC; also known as <tt>tervola.infodrom.north.de</tt>. You may
request an account from <email>joey@debian.org</email> or
<email>koptein@debian.org</email>.

	    <item>
A Motorola 6800x0 machine; you may request an account from
Runs an autobuilder.

	    <item>
An Alpha; you may request an account from
<email>debian@cistron.nl</email>.

	    <item>
SPARC and UltraSPARC machines.  <tt>xia0[12]</tt> are used for
automatic compilation; you can request an account on xia03 (an
UltraSPARC) from <email>wdeng@kachinatech.com</email>.

	  </taglist>