Re: XML as a standard UNIX config file format (Re: Caldera installation - something Debian should learn)

Hi,

> Ah..btw... berlin consortium is very XML affine, and I think it would be a
> good idea to start new projects on a common syntax (and i still winder why
> Xresources is so badly missunderstood and unused). I think it might be an
> API problem (and no, SAX is not a usefull API for programmers who want to
> read config data easyly). rpmopt, gnome-properties, even .ini files do have
> an better API (for config data, not for XML parsing :)

I think there should be something between the SAX API and the application
which uses it which provides the same interface to applications than other
.ini file readers... (That's what I always thought about)

cu
 gerhard