Re: Intent to package: GREED

On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 04:18:08PM +0100, Pedro Guerreiro wrote:

> > PG> GREED is a utility similar to GetRight for Windows. It allows you to resume
> >
> > Quote:
> >
> >   Known bugs:
> >   Won't download from ftp.microsoft.com. (like you will want to anyway)
>
> Quote from README:
>
> 	Question?:      Why won't greed let me download files from
>         	        ftp.microsoft.com?
> 	Answer!:        Truthfully, I have no idea... it logically doesn't
>         	        make any sense... I've logged into thier server
>                 	before to see if they do anything abnormal, but
> 	                unfortunately they don't... If anyone has any
>         	        suggestions on this matter, please e-mail me

And a quote from /etc/lftp.conf:
## try to uncomment this; it is faster but doesn't work with some sites/routers
#set sync-mode off

## synchronous mode for broken servers and/or routers
set sync-mode/ftp.idsoftware.com on
set sync-mode/ftp.microsoft.com on

Exactly, what it means, I don't know, but it's a pointer :)

--
Andreas