Debian/Solaris

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Darren O. Benham wrote:

> Or more the the point...when does BSD become Debian GNU/BSD?  When does
> Solaris become Debian GNU/Solaris (there is such a project, right?)

I build some debian packages for Solaris a while back. The remains of that
project are at ftp://ftp.fuller.edu/Solaris. But apart from that the
project is dead. I just came up with that name. It was not intended as a
full distribution but as debian packages and dpkg working on a
differnet OS utilizing system resources (such as c library and native
binaries). Solaris is a quite sysadmin hostile environment from my
experience.

Debian/BSD probably means you want to do it from ground up and have no
native BSD binaries right?

                        Christoph Lameter, MSCS, M.Div.
  Available for a job or consulting (see http://lameter.com/consulting.html)