Re: KDE debs

On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 10:49:12AM -0400, Johnie Ingram wrote:
> Michael>  Sure they do. Where's the problem?
>
> Discovered earlier today on IRC: The kdebase package apparently
> depends on 'xdm', which the new X packages react badly to.  You can't
> suppress the graphical startup without removing KDE.
>
> Overfiend was not pleased, to put it mildly.

Sure you can.  a well-placed exit 0 will do wonders to make sure xdm
never starts.  =>

But I couldn't build KDE here and get it to run properly..  glibc2.1 lib
issues I suspect.  Recompiling everything will probably fix it.

"my biggest problem with RH (and especially RH contrib packages) is that
they DON'T have anything like our policy.  That's one of the main reasons
why their packages are so crappy and broken.  Debian has the teamwork
side of building a distribution down to a fine art."