Re: Caldera installation - something Debian should learn

Remco Blaakmeer <remco-blaakmeer@quicknet.nl> writes:

   On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, R Garth Wood wrote:

   > On Sat, 24 Apr 1999, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:
   >
   > > I use sql almost every day and I haven't yet seen regular expressions in
   > > it. Also, sed is one of the most powerful search-and-replace tools I have
   > > ever seen (I have never taken a good look at perl). Would you re-implement
   > > that in the database?
   >
   > Ya you wouldn't have to do that if the database is designed correctly.

   Ok, so show a database design that covers it all. And besides, why do you
   think I wouldn't need to use regular expressions when searching
   configuration data?

PostgreSQL supports regular expression matching.
--
"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver."