Re: Intent to package: GREED

On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 03:29:09AM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:
> >> "PG" == Pedro Guerreiro <pguerreiro@bigfoot.com> writes:
> PG> GREED is a utility similar to GetRight for Windows. It allows you to resume
> PG> downloads from ftp or http servers (as long as this feature is supported by
> PG> the server), and supports proxy servers.
> PG> Homepage at http://www.public.asu.edu/~arturner/index.html
> Quote:
>   Known bugs:
>   Won't download from ftp.microsoft.com. (like you will want to anyway)
> If the author blocks ftp.microsoft.com, this blocking has to be
> removed or the programm has to go to non-free because it violates
> point 6 of the DFSG.

Not true... as long as the LICENSE doesn't forbid the use on
ftp.anywhere.com.  However, further discussion on this belongs on -legal so
send any replies there...

* <gecko@debian.org> <secretary@debian.org> <lintian-maint@debian.org>  *
* <webmaster@debian.org> <gecko@fortunet.com> <webmaster@spi-inc.org>   *