Re: Interactive installation [was Re: Caldera installation...]

On Sun, Apr 25, 1999 at 09:37:06 -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
> "James R. Van Zandt" <jrv@vanzandt.mv.com> writes:
> > Here I disagree.  By my rough estimate, only 10% or so of the packages
> > have interactive installations.  The other 90% only need to be labeled.
>
> Perhaps I missed something, but why do the other 90% need to be labelled?
> Wouldn't it make more sense to label the 10% that *do* have interactive
> installations?

Look at the case of installing old .deb or third party packages: they should
be considered interactive unless proven (labelled) otherwise.

It might make more sense to have labelling for individual scripts, rather
than packages as a whole (e.g. some packages don't require interaction on
installation, but do on removal).

Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.