Re: Scripts PROPOSAL

> how would this /etc/init.d/rc-env file differ from the /etc/profile file ?
>
> I'm mentioning this because I'm assuming your goal is to de-fragment all the
> places where environment variables might get set, right ?

something like that, yes. the idea is that rc scripts may have unique
environment requirements of their own, which are not necessarily the same as
those for login shells, or ssh or rsh sessions, or anything else, so if all
the rc scripts do a '. /etc/init.d/rc-env' which is easy to do they are
guaranteed the "right" environment, which is decided in one place -- so i
guess the answer is yes, exactly to defragment the environment for the
init.d scripts.

--phouchg
"For a price I'd do about anything, except pull the trigger: for that I'd
need a pretty good cause" -- Queensryche, "Revolution Calling"
PGP 5.0 key (0xE024447449) at http://cif.rochester.edu/~jpt/pubkey.txt