Corel and "The Beauty of Debian"

This came across the netwinder devel list, and I thought it was neat
to read, so I'm forwarding it here.

----- Forwarded message from Ming Poon <mingp@corel.CA> -----

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:40:01 -0400
From: "Ming Poon" <mingp@corel.CA>
To: devel@netwinder.org
Subject: Re: Corel Announces a New Linux Distribution

We do have some form of contractual agreement with HCC to provide them with
a version of our distro for the NetWinder. How HCC may use it is really up
to them. I imagine it would be used on the long awaited NetWinder LC
version.

If HCC do use them, it would mean a much simpler upgrade process - possibly
as simple as a single mouse click to upgrade the whole system or a single
individual package with full dependency checks. That is the beauty of
Debian. There are many other features in our distro that will be unique if
you are a desktop user. Hope this helps.