Re: KDE/Qt and Debian/main [OFF-TOPIC]

> Not under the QPL.  Under the QPL, Qt is Qt all around.  You may port it
> where you like and you may use it with your software wherever you like as
> long as your software is under a free license (note if Qt were GPL it
> would be "as long as the software is GPL")..  It's completely fine until
> you want to make something that is non-free.  For that you have to pay
> Troll Tech.  Or you can pay them and be allowed to make non-free software
> and just not.  But you can't unless you pay them.  =>

i meant i was under the impression that the windows version manufactured by
troll tech is not even under the qpl, but a shrinkwrap licence. i could be
wrong tho; my memory hasn't always been the most loyal of my servants.

--phouchg
"For a price I'd do about anything, except pull the trigger: for that I'd
need a pretty good cause" -- Queensryche, "Revolution Calling"
PGP 5.0 key (0xE024447449) at http://cif.rochester.edu/~jpt/pubkey.txt