Re: PAMified ftp daemon

On Wed, Apr 21, 1999 at 07:46:36AM +0100, John Lines wrote:
> Is anyone working on an ftp daemon with PAM support ?
>
> I have a system working with users registered in an LDAP directory, and they
> can telnet in, but they cant ftp files in. If no-one is currently working
> one one I will start to look at the various options. Ultimately it would
> be useful to have PAM support in netstd, and indeed all the packages that
> need to authenticate a user.

The newest ftpd package in unstable has PAM support. I also have a
patch for wu-ftpd that I will send to the maintainer. All of this is
working with LDAP accounts.

OpenLDAP Core - bcollins@openldap.org                 bcollins@debian.org
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems         The Choice of the GNU Generation