Re: Would be nice to package: XMovie 1.0

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 01:50:11PM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> Built (almost) out of the box, but won't play any of my .mov
> files:
>
>  FileMOV::read_header: unsupported video codec
>
> I did download the 7.4 MB demo (olde to girl he meet at some
> Internet show) and that worked, but I don't know if it's worth
> packaging.

I have to admit that a movie player with no movies to play is not much
fun. On the other hand, would it not be nice to have it available
(including full source code) in case people feel inspired to write an
encoder for it? And if you are using only free software, but your
friend X is not and wants to send you some movie he has, he would
presumably be able to convert it into a format XMovie can digest...

Stefan